INNOVATIVE DYE SOLUTIONS CONTAINING NATURAL MOLECULES
In ophthalmology, vital dyes have long been used as surgical tools that enable surgeons to better visualize the semitransparent intraocular membranes and tissues, such as the internal limiting membrane (ILM). All current dyes used in ophthalmic surgeries are synthetic.
Based on the market needs for safe and natural alternatives, Kemin has launched new intraocular dyes, each utilizing the intrinsic staining capability of lutein* for use in cataract and vitreoretinal surgeries.
THE NATURAL CHOICE FOR SUPERIOR STAINING
Kemin has developed safe and efficacious intraocular dyes, which offer an array of targeted staining solutions for use in ophthalmic surgeries. Kemin proprietary dyes utilize the intrinsic staining capability of lutein, a natural dye molecule, more widely known for its antioxidant properties in the human retina.23
INNOVATIVE DYE SOLUTIONS
- Provide optimal contrast between targeted and untargeted membranes and structures
- Formulated with natural lutein
- Non-toxic biocompatible formulas with strong safety data
- Completely removable with silicon cannula
- Available in single-use sterile vials and syringes
- CE-marked and available for sale throughout the European Union
Kemin Pharma Headquarters
Rua das Ferrarias del Rei, 6
*Lutein possesses an isomer called zeaxanthin, which is also present in the formulation.
1. Sousa-Martins, D., M. Maia, et al. (2012). "Use of Lutein and Zeaxanthin Alone or Combined with Brilliant Blue to Identify Intraocular Structures Intraoperatively." Retina 32 (7): 1328–1336.
2. Patent application US 13/433,526
3. Jennifer S. L. Tan M, BE, Jie Jin ####, MMed, PhD, Victoria Flood, MPH, PhD, Elena Rochtchina, MApplStat, Wayne Smith, PhD, FAFPHM, Paul Mitchell, MD, PhD. Dietary Antioxidants and the Long-term Incidence of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. The Blue Mountains Eye Study. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:334-41.
4. Sousa-Martins D, Maia M, Moraes M, Lima-Filho AA, Rodrigues EB, Chen J, et al. Retinal Toxicity of Lutein and Zeaxanthin associated to Brilliant Blue in Rabbit Model ARVO Abstract. 2012;2632/D1010
"Not all products are available in all areas. Product labeling and associated claims may differ based on regulatory requirements."
© Kemin Industries, Inc. and its group of companies 2012. All rights reserved. ®™ Trademarks of Kemin Industries, Inc., U.S.A.
Kemin Pharma is a division of Kemin do Brasil LTDA and Kemin Industries BVBA
IN THE NEWSAll News
The Chinese Association of Iowa presented Kemin Industries Inc. with the International Business L...
Leadership recognition: Ted Crosbie, Monsanto; Irving Hahn, QCI; Jack Harris, Rockwell Collins (r...
Organizers of the agriculture exhibit at the Iowa Hall of Pride in Des Moines 'wanted to guarante...
KEMIN EVENTSAll Events
No Events Listed